Position: Analyst II
Location: Quincy, MA
Learn Site Location Research skills to identify and determine appropriate growth opportunities for Ahold Delhaize USA stores. Design, conduct and analyze a wide range of primary market research projects including new store, acquisition and location strategy studies in new and existing markets. Learn supermarket industry, competition & trends.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learn to Perform Site location/market analysis – thoroughly evaluate market dynamics including competitive demographic and economic factors. Quantify the potential of one or several sites and select the best strategy for entering or expanding the market. Prepare a concise, written analysis recommending appropriate corporate strategy for senior executives.
• Learn to Perform Acquisition studies – identify and evaluate potential supermarket and pharmacy acquisition candidates. Based on market analysis, recommend appropriate actions needed for stores once acquired.
• Perform competitive retail unit evaluations to assess market strength and estimated sales volume.
• Learn to Develop and incorporate new research tools including GIS and BI tools to further automate forecasting process.
• Learn to Coordinate market strategy assessment process through multiple departments culminating with the real estate committee meeting(s).
• Learn to Enlist support for recommended strategies among senior executives and several other associates in corporate development and other areas in the company.
• Serve as a market resource and consultant to senior executives.
• Serve as sales expert within district or districts for budgeting and three year plan sales projections.
• Experience/Knowledge of supermarket operations/business
• Strong Logic and Analytical Skills
• Conversational & Presentation Skills
• Experience with GIS (geographic information system)
• Microsoft Software Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word