Position: Location Research Analyst II
Location: Landover, MD
Learn Site Location Research skills to identify and determine appropriate growth opportunities for Ahold Delhaize USA stores. Design, conduct and analyze a wide range of primary market research projects including new store, acquisition and location strategy studies in new and existing markets. Learn supermarket industry, competition & trends.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn to Perform Site location/market analysis – thoroughly evaluate market dynamics including competitive demographic and economic factors. Quantify the potential of one or several sites and select the best strategy for entering or expanding the market. Prepare a concise, written analysis recommending appropriate corporate strategy for senior executives.
- Learn to Perform Acquisition studies – identify and evaluate potential supermarket and pharmacy acquisition candidates. Based on market analysis, recommend appropriate actions needed for stores once acquired.
- Perform competitive retail unit evaluations to assess market strength and estimated sales volume.
- Learn to Develop and incorporate new research tools including GIS and BI tools to further automate forecasting process.
- Learn to Coordinate market strategy assessment process through multiple departments culminating with the real estate committee meeting(s).
- Learn to Enlist support for recommended strategies among senior executives and several other associates in corporate development and other areas in the company.
- Serve as a market resource and consultant to senior executives.
- Serve as sales expert within district or districts for budgeting and three year plan sales projections.
- Experience/Knowledge of supermarket operations/business
- Strong Logic and Analytical Skills
- Conversational & Presentation Skills
- Experience with GIS (geographic information system)
- Microsoft Software Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word