Position: Market Research Analyst
Contact: Glen Masoner email@example.com
As part of AWG’s Real Estate and Store Development Department, the Market Research analyst role will help develop, support, and influence strategic plans for AWG’s independent retailers. The analyst will support member retailers with successful, profitable, and sustainable growth through new stores, expansions and remodels. The person will support company growth initiatives including data analysis, market evaluations, market expansions and potential acquisitions. The position requires overnight travel (40%+).
Market Research Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform market studies to project supermarket sales for new stores, expansions, remodels, relocations, and format changes.
- Develop and evaluate market changes and market dynamics including demographic profiles, population trends, grocery potential and competition.
- Prepare quantifiable reports and presentations detailing projects and strategies for AWG member retailers.
- Develop relationships with retailers and serve as market expert in helping direct retailers strategic planning and growth initiatives.
- Work with real estate/store development, AWG Divisions and senior management on the Company’s strategic plans and development goals.
- Work on special projects, both independently and in a team setting.
- Develop databases and leverage capabilities of licensed products including GIS, SitesPlus, PopStats, Costar, Planned Grocery and SiteSeer.
- Work with GIS Analyst to integrate all licensed platforms and maximize value and efficiencies.
- Assist in production of maps for retailers, AWG divisions and senior management.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications –
- Bachelor’s Degree with preference to geography, business, economics, and data analytics studies.
- Experience with GIS (geographic information system)
- Experience with SITESPLUS or other gravity modeling programming software
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and schedule time accordingly.
- Leader of change and innovation. Introduces creative ideas, embraces technology, and implements process improvements.
- Experience/Knowledge of supermarket operations and ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Strong Logic and Analytical Skills
- Strong Conversational & Presentation Skills
- Knowledge of statistical models and predictive analytics
- Microsoft Software Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Additional attributes (not required)
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience with database management (Power BI, Tableaus, etc.)
- Experience with statistical modeling (linear, regression, cluster, etc.)