Job Title: Real Estate Research Statistician (Analyst)
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 420+ stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $34 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 145,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Corporate Planning & Analysis develops/maintains budgets and financial systems while providing current, reliable financial data, analysis, and technical info.
As a Real Estate Research Statistician, you will produce sales forecasts for new stores, expansions, relocations, remodels, and acquisitions for strategic growth decisions.
Once you’re eligible, you’ll become an Owner in the company, so we’re looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. ‘Partner-owned’ means our most important resources–People–drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE… ability to work in a cross-functional, team-driven environment?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS… expertise in analytical and statistical modeling?
PASSION FOR RESULTS… drive to turn data into actionable business recommendations?
We are looking for:
– expert level gravity modeling experience, SITESPLUS is preferred
– 8+ years of related experience
– strong project management skills
– familiarity with Alteryx is a plus
What is the work?
Provides thought leadership in advanced analytics throughout the Planning and Analysis organization.
Oversees advanced analytics components of internal analytical projects
Leads the development and testing of new analytical approaches and facilitates their implementation.
Strong working knowledge of G.I.S.
Provides complex analysis and recommendations to senior management on new business opportunities and existing business, as well as emerging demographic, economic, and competitive trends.
Extensive experience driving trade areas, visiting supermarkets, and understanding the complexity of a market.
You will become the expert in your respective region
Training / Mentoring:
– Trains, mentors, and transfers knowledge to fellow team members
– May provide work leadership for lower-level employees
What is your background?
– Bachelor’s degree in geography, G.I.S., finance, accounting, business admin, or a related field, or equivalent experience
– 8 plus years of experience in related field
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Real Estate Research Statistician?
– Excellent analytical and time management skills
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in one-on-one / group situations, with the ability to effectively work within all levels of the organization
– Excellent verbal / written skills
– Advanced facilitation and project management skills
– Advanced PC Skills
– Ability to work complex issues with senior management using highly-developed influencing skills
– Ability to manage large-scale projects from conception to implementation
– Ability to produce work that impacts management decisions and business results
– Ability to work effectively and efficiently with little supervision
– Self-directed; motivated to get results independently
– Strong attention to detail
– Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
– Travel by car or airplane with overnight stays
– Sit for extended periods of time
– Work extended hours