|Department: Planning & Analysis
Job Type: Regular
Location: San Antonio, TX
Position Type: Full time
To Apply: https://heb.taleo.net/careersection/ex-corporate/jobdetail.ftl?job=18045401&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.XBfULu3I9wQ.mailto
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Corporate Planning & Analysis develops/maintains budgets and financial systems while providing current, reliable financial data, analysis, and technical info.
As a Real Estate Research Analyst, you will perform research work and prepare financial analysis necessary to make essential Corporate planning decisions.
Once you’re eligible, you’ll become an Owner in the company, so we’re looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. ‘Partner-owned’ means our most important resources–People–drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE… training / mentoring skills?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS… ability to explain complex financial data so it’s understandable and actionable?
PASSION FOR RESULTS… innovative ways to use analytics?
We are looking for:
– a bachelor’s degree
– 6 years of related experience
– strong project management skills
What is the work?
– Responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting, analysis
– Uses advanced analysis skills and multiple category knowledge to perform functions of a Real Estate Research Analyst as well as the following duties
– Reviews complex financial data and maintains documented records supporting sales forecasts for new stores, expansions, relocations, remodels, and acquisitions for strategic growth decisions.
– Discovers and drives new ways of using information to impact business decisions and results
– Provides complex analysis and recommendations to senior management on new business opportunities and existing business, as well as emerging demographic, economic, and competitive trends.
Training / Mentoring:
– Trains, mentors, and transfers knowledge to fellow team members
– May provide work leadership for lower level employees
What is your background?
– Bachelor’s degree in geography, G.I.S., finance, accounting, business admin, or a related field, or equivalent experience
– 6 – 8 years of experience in related field
– Advanced gravity modeling experience
– Strong working knowledge of G.I.S.
– Extensive experience driving trade areas, visiting stores, and understanding the complexity of a market.
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Real Estate Research Analyst?
– Excellent analytical and time management skills
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in one-on-one / group situations, with the ability to effectively work within all levels of the organization
– Excellent verbal / written skills
– Advanced facilitation and project management skills
– Advanced PC Skills
– Ability to work complex issues with senior management using highly-developed influencing skills
– Ability to manage large-scale projects from conception to implementation
– Ability to produce work that impacts management decisions and business results
– Ability to work effectively and efficiently with little supervision
– Self-directed; motivated to get results independently
– Strong attention to detail
– Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
– Travel by car or airplane with overnight stays
– Sit for extended periods of time
– Work extended hours
Primary Location US-TX-San Antonio
Work Locations Headquarters-Arsenal 646 S. Flores San Antonio 78204
Job Financial Analysis D
Organization Corporate Region
Job Type Full-time