Position Title: Sr. Site Location Analyst
Contact: All applications should be sent to Julie.Peters@Delhaize.com.
Position Summary: Perform site location research to identify and determine appropriate growth opportunities for Delhaize America stores. Design, conduct and analyze a wide range of primary market research projects including acquisition studies and detailed location strategy studies in new and existing markets. Apply seasoned knowledge of supermarket industry, trends, & competitors combined with in depth market analysis to recommend best course of action.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Site location/market analysis – thoroughly evaluate market dynamics including competitive, demographic and economic factors. Quantify the potential of one or several sites and select the best strategy for entering or expanding the market. Prepare a concise, written analysis recommending appropriate corporate strategy for senior executives.
- Perform Acquisition studies – identify and evaluate potential supermarket and pharmacy acquisition candidates. Based on market analysis, recommend appropriate actions for stores once acquired.
- Develop and incorporate new research tools including GIS and Alteryx to further automate forecasting process.
- Coordinate market strategy assessment process through multiple departments culminating with the Real Estate Committee meeting(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, GIS, economics, sociology or related subject or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3+ years in site location research.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of GIS.
- Advanced user of SitesPlus Gravity Model Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent presentation skills
- Analytical skills