Real Estate Research Analyst-Coordinator
The Real Estate Research Analyst supports new business development and is instrumental in growing our business. This position studies the makeup, distribution, and trends of populations; collects statistical data, analyzes the data to identify any trends and habits, and then predicts future trends.
This position analyzes retail properties, demographics, and market penetration. In addition to supporting new business pursuits, the Research Analyst/Coordinator identifies trends and new developments in the specialty grocery industry.
This position is responsible for data management; analyzing large datasets and constructing graphs, maps, and charts based on analysis findings. Produces and presents high-quality research reports and represents the Sprouts’ Real Estate Department at meetings and conferences.
Essential Job Functions
• Analyzes and assimilates market data, prepares property specific information.
• Gathers, collects, tracks and maintains detailed market data and demographics.
• Provides relevant economic, demographic, and location analysis.
• Gathers, analyzes and presents real estate trends and information for business development opportunities and internal analysis
• Assists in the preparation and production of presentations, and reports, and assimilation of all required data.
• Monitors medium and long-term markets trends.
• Conducts competitive analysis of key market players.
• Understands the implications and assessing the impact of economic trends.
• Maintains information resource libraries in accordance with corporate standards.
• Provides statistical and analytical reports as required.
• May prepare progress reports and manage special projects as requested.
• Present research trends and findings to Real Estate team and senior management.
• Produce both strategic and tactical research.
• Builds and maintains database relating to real estate.
• Ensures data quality control and regularly post to proprietary site.
• Provides assistance to the senior members of the team with regards financial analysis, project valuations and market studies.
• Supports all analytical and operational aspects of a deal, including coordinating due diligence and overall transaction support
• Assists Real Estate Vice President and Directors on due diligence tasks as assigned.
• Travels to locations around the country, as assigned.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years experience in a retail RE analytical environment with proven expertise preferred; or an acceptable combination of education and experience
• Grocery and/or specialty retail analytics preferred
• Ability to work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven analytical skills
• Ability to present ideas effectively in oral and written presentations for internal clients
• Proficient in MS Office and other programs as needed
• Complete understanding of Clarita’s type lifestyle modeling
• Highly organized and expert capability running/creating analog models
• Demographer, GIS background
• Mapping expertise, set up and product control
• Formulation of all above skills into transferable documentation/reporting to RE, with interface towards marketing, senior management
• Must be able to travel on a regular basis and maintain a valid driver’s license