Senior Location Research Analyst
Responsibilities & Requirements
Bachelor’s degree coupled with a minimum of 3-5 years of site location research experience, along with business experience in a Corporate environment; excellent organizational, analytical and communications skills; ability to handle a multitude of diverse responsibilities and work independently to achieve desired results; sound judgment and business sense.
In support of the division’s goals, the associate will work closely with various internal (Store Development Group, other Wakefern Divisions, Corporate Management) and external groups (Site Development Committee, individual Member organizations, and outside research consultants).
- New store/remodel and replacement analyses as requested by the 50 member organization and Wakefern Management.
- Competitive and Sister store Impact Analyses.
- New member/store acquisition proposals as requested by Wakefern Senior Management.
- Metro/County area of opportunity studies upon request.
- Member Strategies/Store Development plans as requested.
- Participates in the training of Location Research Analysts.
- Geographic scope of Responsibilities includes the entire Wakefern Trade Area of 9 states.
- Maintains the highest degree of technical competence in the field of site location analysis and strategic planning and a strong familiarity with the various applications of current, state-of-the-art location research principles and techniques.
- Conducts site location research including new store/remodel and replacement analyses, impact analyses, new member/acquisition proposals, metro/county and member strategies to provide actionable information to Wakefern and its individual members in the execution of an on-going store development plan. This job requires contact with Wakefern members and real estate representatives for site specifications, the collection of population and demographic data from local planning agencies and the U. S. Census Bureau and fieldwork to determine trade area delineations, determination of adequate access for a potential location, competitive evaluations and subsequently sales volume projections.
- Assembles & manages such demographic/socio-economic data as population, incomes, employment, household growth, etc. for the department’s internal data bases in order to provide accurate and timely market information to client base.
- Assist Manager in establishing and executing the department objectives while learning various aspects of the functions to be qualified to cover in event of manager’s absence.